Thursday, March 29, 2012

11 month old toddler

toddling at 11 months
 Baba is toddling around the house and anywhere he finds open ground.  He's trying to run.  Yes.  I said RUN!  Crazy kid has fallen and cut open his mouth, but it has not deterred him from trying to run again.  He can't even walk well yet.

I can't even skip one day of doing the Masgutova Method because his balance and the right leg function really show a significant difference the next day.  Yes.  That means more falling.  I had no idea what a constantly falling child meant when I was treating kids...yes, before I had my own kid. 

In my nice little OT gym, where everything was covered with carpets and mats...falling was good.  I could work with that.  I could help the kid learn to improve his balance.  There was no hard wooden surfaces to cut open lips or even bash heads.  Bashing heads into hard wooden surfaces that could cause another brain injury NEED TO BE BANNED in a house where the kid has already suffered a head injury.  Right?

But how does one get rid of kitchen cabinets and dressers and wall corners...and beds.  Do we need furniture? 

Where's the light?
When I was out around town, parents would warn me..."Wait till he walks!"  Then they would solemnly shake their heads and let out a sigh.  I didn't know.  I didn't know what they were talking about.  I was so ignorant!  So a newbie mom. 

NOW I KNOW!  Now I know how your heart can stop when your baby's head gets banged by the bed.  The first time you see blood and have no idea where it's coming from.  Let it not be a hole in his head!  Augh!

I have a newfound respect for parents who have survived toddlerhood.  Will I make it?

I can do this myself!
I won't fall in.
This is my long excuse for not being able to post anything for a while.  If you haven't seen it, I'm done with the "Wearing baby and Sensory Integration" Series...all five posts are complete for those of you who are interested. Click the treatment tab above or here for part 1, part 2, part 3, part 4, and part 5.

For those of you who have older children, I'm working on a new series called "Therapy Secrets".  It will have ideas for kids of all ages. 

I have also found some cool Pinterest sites that offer ideas for activities with children.  I will be featuring those soon.

Meanwhile, here are a few toddling pictures!  Oh!  I almost forgot.  He's acting like a toddler too.  He has very strong opinions about everything!

Professional walker on the loose!
Already a little scientist.

2 comments:

I would love to hear from you!