Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Rejoicing the milestones


A good writer, blogger, and mom, who has adorable twin boys, posted something that really rang true for me.  Her son Malachi suffered a stroke and is a little delayed in reaching his milestones than his brother.  Recently, Malachi was able to reach several milestones within a few days, yet she didn't feel ecstatic like her friends and family.  After a good cry, she realized that she was so focused on his future and the milestones ahead that it sapped the joy of his current success.  (Read the post here.)

I realized that I was doing the same thing, only I was still blind!  I feel so grateful to Shasta for writing such a moving post.  Perhaps, I would have spent several more months missing out on my son's progress and sapping the joy of his successes!

My son, I rejoice over your success at starting to crawl, pulling yourself up to stand, and really trying to talk!  I guess it's better late than never!







4 comments:

  1. Aw, I only just now saw this. Thank you! You have many wonderful things to be proud of and so does your little man. I can't believe how well he's doing and you shouldn't be able to either!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Shasta!

    I'm so glad you visited! I can't comment on your blog! It won't let me.

    Perhaps you could email me? I would like to make a proposal.

    astrokeofot@gmail.com

    Thanks for the comment. Yeah! I can't believe how well he's doing...I can barely tell he's had a major stroke. It seems to be a lie.

    I hope I can help you too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Bea. It is nice to meet you. OMG, your son is DELICIOUS. I wanted to reach through the screen and squeeze him!

    He really is doing amazingly well... As you know, strokes are such a crap shoot as to where they strike, how much damage they do, and how the brain regenerates. I am glad that his development is coming along, and I hope 2012 keeps bringing major progress!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much, Ellen! I hope he continues to make progress too!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you!