Friday, May 18, 2012

Avoiding Breast Cancer

I read the titles of all the new posts I missed yesterday.  I click on a few random posts that seem pretty or thoughtful.  I try to immerse my heart into the world of everyone else's problems.  If I just keep reading, I'll forget.  I'll be able to to avoid the looming thoughts that threaten to overwhelm and destroy my world as I know it.  My mom's cancer has spread...while on chemo for a year...it decided to hit the lungs...and now the brain.  I can't think.  I can't feel.  I don't know where to put my attention, my brain, but especially my heart.  We're moving miles away in 2 weeks.  Miles and miles from where my mom will be fighting for her life.  My mom who can barely speak English, with my brother who can barely speak at all.  We're moving for so many good reasons.  We have to move.  She was cancer free when we decided...my sister and I.  We were optimistic.  We wanted to start a new life. We need to start a new life.  And yet, my heart doesn't know what to do. 

8 comments:

  1. Bea
    Sending prayers and hugs to you and your family

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Tui. I really appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry.

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are you? Are things any better?
    Thinking of you!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. Things are better. Thank you for asking. I really appreciate it.

      Delete
  5. Hey Bea, where are you? I think of you everytime I think of keeping my Hannah in swimming after you left a comment on my blog. I hope you are well, and your mother is too . . . blog silence tells me otherwise. But a stranger on the internet is thinking of you and your family!! I haven't blogged at Gas Food Lodging for 3 months, since my mom died, but I think I am about to get back to it. I think. Be well, you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi,

      Thanks for stopping by. It's been too crazy to blog, but I promise to return soon.

      I didn't know about your mom. I'm very sorry for your loss.

      Delete

I would love to hear from you!