Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Lost therapy post and sensory integration tip

Does it look the same upside down?

It happened again.  I lost an entire post!  Ugh!  Blogger always manages to eat the therapy posts.  The ones that are so hard to write.  This one was going to start the series, "Therapy Secrets".  It took me weeks to finish it...a little at a time.  Ugh!  At least I have the bulk saved onto Evernote.  I still have to add pictures and text explaining the pictures.  Hopefully, it will be up before the end of the week.

Does this only happen to me?  I hope I can figure out how to have a back up copy, so this doesn't keep happening.  What a waste of time!


Sensory Integration Tip:

I have less time lately because we're preparing to move.  Baba is a little disconcerted by the changes in the environment: boxes everywhere and moving furniture to accommodate them.  He is not good with change, though he's handling it like a trooper. 

Children with sensory issues have more difficulty adapting to changes in the environment because they have to learn to adapt their senses to the new environment.  So the greater the change, the greater their possible distress.  Baba's sensory issues are mild, so it's not as difficult as it can be for children with moderate to serious sensory issues.

Generally, I try to keep his space similar so he doesn't feel like the rug was completely taken from under him.  I also give him more ways to self soothe and increase sensory therapy. 

This is generally a good idea for any child who suffers from sensory issues. 

I hope this little tip suffices while I re-write the other longer post! 

Have a lovely day!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Bea
    I know what you mean about blogger eating your posts. I've only been blogging for a few weeks and after it had already been published, the majority of my initial post disappeared! I was not happy, but was also embarrassed, not knowing how many people had gone to read my post and found it very incomplete.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I'm sorry you lost your post too...or part of it. I think everyone has a learning curve on these things!

      Thanks for visiting!

      Delete

I would love to hear from you!